Staying hydrated is important helps keep our skin clear and is alos important in our overall health. However, not all of us like drinking water, and to some of us, it may feel like a huge task. Therefore, investing in the best water dispenser my help motivates us to drink water. But why would you be more interested in drinking water from a dispenser than you would tap water or bottled water?
A water dispenser is important because it filters the water, leaving it as clean as possible and safe for your health. It is also environmentally friendly because it prevents you from buying small water bottles, polluting the environment, and suffocating animal species. Whether your dispenser is at home or in the office, it gives you quick access to water so you can easily refill your glass or bottle and enjoy every sip.
Another reason why you need a water dispenser because you can quickly fix a hot beverage in the morning or a cold refreshment in a hot afternoon. At the single press of a button, you will have your hot or cold water. Water dispensers are available in two forms which are;
a). Point of water dispensers
Point of water dispensers is connected directly to the water source, so you never have to worry about running out of water or refilling because you have a constant water flow to your dispenser.
b). Bottled Water Dispenser
Bottled water dispensers require the use of large water bottles, which can be refilled or exchanged when you run out of water. These dispensers come in different sizes and are suitable for water bottles with different capacities. There are two types of water cooler dispensers which include;
- Top loading water dispensers
- Bottom loading water dispensers
To help you save time on research and make it easy, we have selected the highly reviewed water dispensers that we think you may like. After reading this article, I hope you find the best water dispenser to give you quick access to clean drinking water. Read on.
1. Brita Standard UltraMax Water Filter Dispenser
- SPACE EFFICIENT: The BPA-Free UltraMax Water Dispenser holds 18 cups or 1. 13 gallons of water which is great for families and fits neatly on countertops and refrigerator shelves.
- CLEANER AND GREAT TASTING: The Brita standard filter reduces chlorine (taste and odor), copper, mercury, zinc and cadmium impurities found in tap water for cleaner great tasting water for the whole family. Substances reduced may not be in all users' water
- FILTER CHANGE REMINDER: A helpful sticker indicator on the water dispenser lets you keep track of when you last changed your water filter and when it needs to be replaced. Replace Brita filters every 40 gallons or every 2 months
- EASY POUR: This large, 18 cup filtered water dispenser has a spigot that makes pouring easy
- REDUCE WASTE & SAVE: One Brita standard water filter can replace 300 standard 16 oz water bottles which saves you money and reduces plastic waste
Brita filter dispenser is made of BPA-free plastic and weighs roughly three pounds. It holds 18 cups of water which makes it suitable for families. It fits perfectly on counter shelves and refrigerator shelves as it occupies less space due to its slim design.
With Brita UltraMax filter dispenser, you can safely drink tap water as it filters chlorine taste and odors, copper, zinc, mercury, and cadmium impurities. These substances may not be in all water, but you’d rather be safe than sorry. That is why Brita is the best water dispenser.
You will need to change the filter after every two months to optimize its efficiency. This water dispenser has a sticker indicator that shows the last time you changed the Brita filter, and the next time, you should change it to ensure you don’t forget to change it. Pouring water from this filter dispenser is easy as it has a spigot. This filter dispenser has removable parts, which make them easy to clean when necessary.
- Slim design to occupy less space
- It is easy to refill and pour
- Durable filter
- It has a filter change reminder
- It filters slowly
- Small handles make it difficult to carry when full
- Made of plastic which makes it fragile
2. Water Bottle Pump 5 Gallon Water Dispenser
- 【2-Year Warranty】Great customer service, if you have any problems wiht the item, our customer service team will solve your problems within 12-hours.
- this water pump is BPA free drinking water dispenser, food grade silicone hose, 304 stainless steel, high density ABS plastic, no toxic, and no smell.
- Built in rechargeable 1200mAh battery. Can used for 30-40 days or around 4-6 bottles of 5 gallon water once full charged.
- The electric pumping device suitable for pure bottled drinking water, suitable for a variety of models gallon barrel without pry the lid.
- Simply fasten the water bottle pump on the bottle mouth. One switch operation, totally hassle free even for kids and elders.
This water bottle pump is BPA-free and has a food-grade silicone hose and a 304 stainless steel. The plastic is high-density ABS and does not have a plastic smell, so you are sure of clean water without smell.
It works with a 1200mAh rechargeable battery which you can use for 30-40 days when you fully charge it through the USB port. This water pump dispenser can fit 2,3,4, and 5-gallon water bottles.
It is easy to fix and use as it only operates with one waterproof button, making it suitable for households with young children. The pump is small and portable, so you can even use it during picnics or other outdoor activities.
- Long-lasting battery
- It is portable
- Very easy to use
- It is universal and works with 1-5 gallon water bottles
- Does not work quietly
- Any other charger cannot charge it besides its own
3. Avalon Bottom-Loading Self-Cleaning Water Cooler Dispenser
- THREE TEMPERATURES: Three temperature settings allow you to customize your drinking experience. This dispenser features a crisp cold, cool, or piping hot output
- Country of origin : China
- LIGHT THE WAY: Our built-in nightlight makes the water spouts clearly visible at night & has an empty-bottle indicator that lights up when the bottle needs to be replaced
- BOTTOM LOADING: Our water cooler is bottom loading to eliminate the strain of lifting, reduce spills and is suitable for 3-5 gallon water bottles (BOTTLE NOT INCLUDED)
- Self-cleaning ozone function for longer water purification
Avalon water cooler dispenser is a standalone dispenser that dispenses water in three temperatures, allowing you to customize your drinking experience. It dispenses cool, hot, and cold water, which means you can use the hot water to fix a quick hot beverage or use cod water to make a cold refreshment.
It is a bottom-loading water cooler dispenser, and this makes it easier to load because you don’t have to lift and flip heavy water bottles. All you have to do is place the water bottle in the cabinet and connect it to the pump.
It is suitable for 3 and 5-gallon water bottles. This water cooler dispenser has the self-cleaning ozone feature, which purifies it, preventing the accumulation of germs and harmful bacteria.
It is made with BPA-free material. Another great feature is the night light which makes the water spouts visible, especially in a dim room. This will prevent water from spilling unnecessarily and also prevent you from getting water from the wrong spout.
When the bottle needs a replacement, there is an empty bottle indicator that lights to show you. This bottom loading water dispenser is UL/Energy Star Rated and has a child safety lock on the hot water spout to prevent accidents and keep you and your child safe. It also has a removable drip tray to collect any spills or spills.
- Has a child safety lock
- It self-cleans
- It is easy to use and install
- It has a removable drip tray
- Presence of night light and empty bottle indicator light
- Three temperature settings that let you customize your drinking
- There is a chance that it may leak
4. Brio Bottom Loading Water Cooler Water Dispenser
- BOTTOM-LOAD WATER COOLER: Don’t struggle to lift heavy bottles and simplify your life with a bottom-load cooler. The cabinet fits either a 3- or 5-gallon jug and perfectly accommodates both.
- HOT, COLD & ROOM-TEMPERATURE WATER: Three temperature settings allow you to customize your drinking experience. Brio Essential dispenser features cold, room-temperature and hot for either refreshing and satisfying hydration or a soothing hot beverage.
- CHILD-SAFETY LOCK: Never worry about accidental pouring of hot water again with the two-step dispensing on the hot-water spout. Simply release the lock located above the dispensing button and enjoy soothing hot water at your fingertips. Rest assured that the safety of you and your loved ones are in the hands of Brio Water Engineers.
- SMART TECHNOLOGY: Maintenance with this cooler is a breeze with smart technology, as it lets you know when the bottle needs to be replaced. Take the guesswork out from refills and upkeep with the water cooler that conveniently reminds you.
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: The stylish design features a stainless-steel accent and is the perfect, classy addition in your home, office or any public space. The elegance of this unit will add style anywhere while also delivering refreshingly cool or soothing hot water at your fingertips.
Brio bottom loading is easy to load as it does not require any lifting of heavy water bottles. It is suitable for 3 and 5-gallon bottles.
It dispenses cold water, room temperature water, and hot water, which gives you the freedom to customize your drinking. It is also featured with smart technology that indicates when the bottle needs a refill, so you will always be aware when you run out of water; no more surprises when you refill your glass.
This bottom-loading water dispenser has a child lock to prevent you or other family members from pouring hot water accidentally, which may lead to scalds. It is constructed in an innovative design with stainless steel, which will complement any office or home decor.
Its elegance is great in adding style anywhere you place it. It features an anti-rust BPA-free removable drip tray that is easy to clean to ensure your dispenser stays clean.
- It has a child safety lock
- You have access to hot, cold, and room temperature water
- Easy to load
- Runs quietly
- Has an LED night light
- Quite pricey
5. Nutrichef Countertop Water Cooler Dispenser
- HOT & COLD WATER NOZZLE: with this water cooler you can choose between a Cold & Hot water, making it ideal for cool refreshments or toasty beverages. COLD WATER TEMP: 40-45°F HOT WATER TEMP: 170-175°F
- WATER COOLER ACCOMMODATES: This countertop water cooler has the ability to accommodate 3 or 5-Gallon bottles/Jugs, it will save you hundreds of water bottles per year
- WATER COOLER FEATURES: This tabletop water cooler is operating with an automatic electric plug-in water dispenser system for quick water cooling. Enjoy its ultra-quiet operation
- IDEAL FOR HOME & OFFICE:With its innovative Tabletop design it is perfect for office & home,simple and hassle-free operation,no bottles around you messing up your office and fits in any corner.You will love convenience of this handy tabletop water cooler
- CHILD SAFE: This product is equipped with a child safety lock on the hot water spout so the entire family can use it worry free
This countertop water dispenser is suitable for home and office use as it fits perfectly on any countertop. It is a top-loading water cooler dispenser that makes it easy to see when the bottle is almost running empty because it is fully exposed.
Nutrichef top-loading countertop water dispenser pours hot and cold water, making it ideal for cool refreshments and hot beverages instantly. It also holds 3 and 5-gallon water bottles, which means you will not have to refill often, especially if you have a small family.
This top-loading countertop water cooler dispenser has a child safety lock on the hot water spout, which keeps it safe as chances of pouring hot water accidentally are minimized.
- Dispenses cold and hot water
- It is featured with a child safety lock on the hot water spout
- It is energy star approved
- The water bottle is exposed so you can see when it needs a refill
- Has the taste of plastic
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Water Dispenser
What should you consider before you buy a dispenser? How will you know it is the best water dispenser? We all know that nothing made by the human hands can be flawless; even the best appliances have some errors. However, the best water dispensers will have more desirable features than undesirable ones. As you plan to get a water dispenser, pay attention to the following factors to ensure you get the best.
a). Hot Water Safety Lock Feature
If you want to buy a hot water dispenser, you should ensure that it has the safety lock on the hot water spout. This safety lock is an important feature as it ensures safety during the use of the dispenser. The lock helps prevent you or the kids from accidentally pouring hot water, which can cause scalds.
b). Available Space
Before you buy a water dispenser, you should first consider the available space in your house or office. If you have a big place, then the size of the dispenser will not be n issue. However, if you have limited space, you may need to check smaller water dispensers as they will not look bulky in your small space. The countertop may be the best dispenser for your home or office in the case of limited space as they only occupy a small space on your counter.
Your household will highly determine the capacity. If you have a large family, you will need a bigger water dispenser to avoid running out of drinking water after a day or two. However, if your family is small, a small dispenser will do the trick. However, you can still decide to buy one with a larger capacity to ensure it lasts for as long as possible. Different types of water dispensers fit different water bottle sizes, so you need to choose the size that s most convenient for you and your family’s needs.
d). Energy Efficiency
We tend to leave our water dispensers switched on, resulting in instant access to hot and cold water. Energy star-rated water dispensers are designed to conserve energy even when they are on. Therefore, if you do not want your new water dispenser to make your electricity bills hike, ensure that you buy one that is energy conscious.
Water cooler dispensers are either made of plastic, chrome, or stainless steel finish. Both materials look attractive and can last if the construction is done well. However, it would be best to ensure that they are food-grade, BPS-free, or BPA-free for the plastic water dispensers, as these are safe and will not leach chemicals into your hot water. Stainless steel dispensers do not leach chemicals, and therefore you should not worry if you are buying a water cooler dispenser that is only made with it.
When you plan to buy any product, you will first plan according to what you are willing to spend. That applies to water cooler dispensers too. If you only want one to get the job done, the op-loading designs are the most affordable. However, if you want the best water cooler dispenser with extra features, you may need to spend a little extra on the item.
We have gone through the best water cooler dispensers and seen that there are different types and designs. Some are hot and cold while others, like the bottle, pump only dispense water at room temperature, and others have three temperature settings: hot, cold, and room temperature water. Bottleless water cooler dispensers are also available and what you decide to buy depends on your needs and other features that may be important to you for convenience. I hope this article has been helpful and you will consider our options.